We offers multilingual support for foreign residents living in the area to provide general consultation on everyday life issue, information services, and referrals to the organizations that provide support services for foreign residents so that they can live their lives comfortably. Consultation is free.
* This operation is managed by NIMIC under the consignment of Nishitokyo city government.
The center’s services may come in handy when:
• you have concerns or questions about everyday issues;
• you do not know where to go for advice;
• you want to learn more about hospitals and schools;
• you are looking for Japanese-language classes;
• you need help completing various administrative procedures;
• you are looking for information for foreign residents;
• you want a multilingual newsletter;
• you are interested in international exchange;
• you want to volunteer for international exchange or multicultural activities;
• you want to volunteer as an interpreter or translator;
• you know a foreign resident who is having some problems.
Multilingual interpretation service by videophone
In addition to face-to-face multilingual consultation (English, Chinese, Korean, Spanish, and Japanese), a multilingual interpretation service via a videophone using a tablet terminal installed at the Nishitokyo Multicultural Center is available. The service supports the 16 languages listed below. A counselor at the Nishitokyo Multicultural Center will operate the videophone to connect with an interpreter, so please feel free to visit and consult with us.
Supported languages: Burmese, Chinese, English, Filipino, French, Hindi, Indonesian, Japanese, Khmer, Korean, Nepali, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Thai, Vietnamese.
Consultation location, contact information, and consultation times
– Location: Nishitokyo Multicultural Center
ING Bldg. 1F, 5-6-18 Minami-cho, Nishitokyo
（A two-minute walk from the south exit of Tanashi Station on the Seibu Shinjuku Line. Please check the access map below.）
– Monday through Friday (closed national holidays and the year-end/New Year’s holidays (From December 27th through January 4th))
10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (closed 12 noon to 1 p.m.)
– Multilingual support time
(1) Multilingual consultation by videophone (16 languages; need to visit the center): Available anytime during the hours shown above.
(2) Face-to-face or telephone multilingual consultation: Depending on the language, the days and times when interpreters are present at the Nishitokyo Multicultural Center differ.
Please check the basic schedule below. This schedule may change from month to month, so please check “Changes ” below as well. In addition, the days of the week when Spanish interpretation is available are subject to change without notice, so please inquire beforehand.
– Basic schedule
A: 10:00–12:00, 13:00–16:00
– Changes in June
Korean: [Extra] Friday, June 4, 13:00–15:00
– Changes in July will be announced at the end of June.
A two-minute walk from the south exit of Tanashi Station on the Seibu Shinjuku Line
The location of the City’s consultation desk, “Nishitokyo Multicultural Center “, is marked with a red pin.
Other specialized professional consultation for foreign residents
・Relay consultation of Tokyo International Exchange Committee(external link)
– There are leaflets in these languages (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Tagalog, French, Russian, Spanish, Portuguese, Thai, Burmese, Indonesian, and Vietnamese)
・DV Consultation Service for foreign residents (Click here for details. (external link (Tokyo Women’s Plaza))
-There are leaflets in these languages (Japanese, English, Chinese, Korean, Thai, and Tagalog)